Thursday, February 7, 2013

Amazing

The things Parker does literally amaze me.

This kid is such a miracle...I can't believe he is a part of me and Thane. How overwhelmingly cool. He is super cool.

He already has perfect timing.

For what you ask?

Well...to make me stop whatever I was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust about to do.

Example: The other day I realized he was sleeping-I could shower. So I looked at him quick- still breathing and sound asleep- good to go! I throw on the monitors and run to the shower. I briefly contemplate just skipping my hair, but then decided naw...taking a real shower. I laugh to myself at the thought of how he would probably wake up and cry while I had soap in my hair. Ha..soooo funny...til it happens.

I just got my hair all soaped up and he starts to fuss. Ok- what to do? Rinse hair quick and then run out...or just run out, get him to stop fussing, and then finish my hair. I rinsed out my hair quick, turned off the water, and he stopped. I waited a second, and slowly turned the water back on. Crying started. Turned the water off...crying stopped. I'm not joking.

So at this point, I feel that my child is just messin with me and I quickly finish my shower...which of course he cries through and stresses me out. I finally run out to him, feeling horrible, and just as I get to him.....he's done crying. Done. Really Parker?? Really?

Example 2 for perfect timing: I spend over an hour rocking with him in the chair...he's gotta be asleep. Right? So I creep to the bedroom and one of two scenarios happen.
  • Scenario 1: I get within a foot of his bassinet and his eyes literally fly open and either starts to cry, or just looks at me all like, "Heeeeeeeey mom!!!! Nice try. Hee hee...I'm cute." 
  • Scenario 2: I get all the way to his bassinet, slowly put him in it, stand there for a minute to see if he is going to cry, when he doesn't I crawl into bed quietly and super slow so he doesn't hear me, push Bernie off my covers and get comfy. Just as I get comfy and close my eyes, Parker starts talking. "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mooooooooooooooom." When I lean over....he just looks at me and says, "Hi." Just like Stewie. I swear. 
Another reason he is super cool already: Today I had him on his side while trying to burp him, and he lifted his leg....and farted. 

It happened. 

His dad was so proud.  

Based on these examples and so many more....me and this kid are going to get along just fine. He is already acting like his mom. :)

Pinterest:
Ha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment