Sunday, August 26, 2012

So, How'd Your Friends Find Out?

So if you know me, pre-baby, you know that I LOVE Bud Light Lime. LOVe it.

I am a social drinker. I'll have a beer with dinner with friends, or just hang out and have a beer if that is what's going on. By no means do I just come home and down a 6 pack, of course the one time I seriously needed to do that after work I couldn't...but whatever. :)

So I am telling you this because I have always known that the minute I found out I was pregnant, my friends would know without me telling them. Why? I wouldn't be drinking. Dead give away.

So when I said in the 1st blog that I called the doctor and the screen printing place to make a shirt...this is why.

We found out on a Tuesday and that Monday I planned a cookout at my house...AND a girls night at a bar.

Seriously Pam? What are the odds that the DAY before I find out I'm having a baby I would plan TWO events that would no doubt involve drinking?

So I had two choices, either tell my friends the way I wanted to even though it was really early..or have them just call me out on it. I decided the first one is more my style, but I still had to get through Girl's Night. Not an easy task.

Thursday Night after Weight Watchers we go out to eat dinner at the bar, and I order water. Let the shit begin. I tried to tell everyone that I felt like shit, which I actually did. It was officially summer, and that Thursday I had been outside ALL day in the heat. (If you don't know, I hate heat already...and so do pregnant women. SO not a good combo.)

While everyone had 3 or 4 beers, I had 3 or 4 waters. Every time someone would order a beer, they would ask me and I'd have to turn it down...and get more shit. "Oh Pam!! Are you pregnant!?!?"

Ugh you guys! YES! No, no, I didn't tell them...but I almost did. I ended up just getting pissed because they were so close to ruining my big surprise, mostly bc I was about to blurt it out just so they would stop and I couldn't handle NOT telling them. I really suck at secrets.

So I make it through the bar...and we stop at guys night. Mistake number 2 of the night.

We are all standing around next to our others, when all of a sudden I have an open, full, cold beer in my hand. One of the guys was nice enough to go get us girls a beer...and open it for us...and force it in our hands. Shit.

I panicked. All I could think, was how am I going to get rid of this beer without drinking it, and without giving it away!?! I looked up and Sara is STARING at me...and so is Tanya. Shiiiit. So, I took a drink just to satisfy them. You know..one of those drinks where you're trying to prove a point, so your eyes are all big...your leaning forward..and your facial expression is all like.."See...I'm drinking!" It worked for Sara...not for Tanya.

I was thinking, maybe I could throw some over my shoulder, or accidentally drop the beer can, but no..all those would be so obvious.

Thankfully Thane came to my rescue.

He walked in the shed to throw away his empty beer, and I gave him a few seconds -then followed. I gave him my full beer and grabbed his empty. Thank God....

So I bailed after I "finished" my beer.

I got home and Tanya text me asking if I was alright. Because honestly...I had been a quiet bitch all night. (My words not hers. :) She asked if I really was pregnant...sooo I totally lied to her and said no. Sorry T.

I was debating telling her at boot camp the next day. Ugh boot camp. I didn't tell her, but I almost literally passed out that day. We had to run up hills backwards and I panicked. Not only did I have to worry about my heart rate...my baby's too!! I was beyond petrified of having a miscarriage and the idea of putting my body through that much stress so early in my pregnancy totally got to me mentally. I guess I was SO red that the instructor came running over to me to check on me. I had to tell her, but warned her that T didn't know yet so shh!! I held it together til the end of class and when I got home I bawled. I was so scared..and I knew my life in boot camp, for at least 9 months, was over.

So anyways, didn't tell her. I just asked her to come over early on Saturday. :)

On Saturday, I had on a huge white T-Shirt that said, "Jammed up. I'll be more fun when I can drink again." (Jammed up is an inside joke. :) I had the shirt made the day I found out, because I knew I didn't have much time and wanted it to get done!

So when Tanya showed up, I kinda hid the shirt because I had written her card that said, "You're officially Auntie TT."

Her reaction....for sure in the top 10. She was screaming, and jumping, and hugged me so hard I couldn't breath. :)

The shirt idea was fantastic. Apparently, everyone thought it was odd that I had a big t-shirt on with writing, so they usually read my shirt right away. The reactions ranged from fist pumping in the air, to a smirk and a hug, to a "are you serious???" and I loved them all.

It quickly became fun for everyone. Kind of a "how long til _____ reads the shirt and figures it out?"

My friend Lindsey took a long time to read it...and everyone in the kitchen was staring at her, so I finally just asked her to read it. She was the one who did a fist pump, while holding a baby might I add. :)

Sara...oh Sara. She was one of the last ones to show up. We were all outside when she and Doug walked up. She looked at me and went, "huh..nice shirt," and walked around me to grab her beer and went inside.

Seriously everyone out there just looked at each other stunned...and then burst out laughing. She totally didn't get it. Her boyfriend however read it and went, "Huh...preggers ehh?" :)

So he called her back out and was like, "Uh...Sara...you need to see something." She comes out and he points to my shirt....which she reads again and is like "Ya..its nice." We all stare....and THEN it sinks in and she got it. Too funny. I don't think I'll let her forget that one. :)

I will say though, that Sara then sent us a card with a *really* nice note in it. It made me cry. Weird. Thanks Sara...I loved it. :)

I don't know if everyone liked that I told them on a t-shirt, but I LOVED it. I really liked telling people in a random, gotta think about it, kinda way. Their reactions are way better that way. :)

So there is one more long installment. How we told our families. Bc yes...opps..we told our friends first. Sorry family!!

Pinterst Find:

 
Holy crap....I love this. who wants to make it for me!?

No comments:

Post a Comment