Saturday, August 25, 2012

So, How Did Thane Find Out?

Well, if you read yesterday's blog, you know that I accidentally sent Thane a text instead of Molly. Of course.

Thank God it only said, "Guess Thane's getting his Father's Day present!" and not "Holy crap...I AM PREGNANT!!!" Cause that would have sucked.

So I forgot to mention, but maybe you figured it out...I found out the Tuesday before Father's Day.

Don't all mom's say that Father get the way better day? Mother's Day, they still have to do stuff and its an ok day..but Father's Day..oh Father's Day! They get to sleep in while mom takes care of the kid, and makes them breakfast, and makes sure that the kids stay out of their hair, and that their beer glass is never empty (after 5pm of course). Not in your house? Ok..well maybe this is just on TV then.

Anyways, I already see it going that way for us. I spend Mother's Day feeling down because I really want to start a family and it hasn't happened yet..and Thane spends Father's Day knowing that at that very moment, he is a Father to a 4 week old baby. Ugh.now I'm emotional.

So anyways. I covered the text with a, "haha...opps. That wasn't for you." and just played it off.

I ran home, wrapped the onsie that said "Born in 2012" and wrote in the card that was from Bernie and me.

Thane came home and didn't really ask about the text, but I couldn't hold it in so I brought it up. (weird how I can't keep a secret.) So I told him that I really broke the bank on his gift, and I had text Molly because I got home and checked our bank account. When I saw that we could actually afford the gift I got him, I text her to tell her he could keep it....."

He was so confused and asked where it was from. So quick thinking I say, "Best Buy," because let's face it. If I'm lying saying I broke the bank..for something he wanted, it would have to either be from there, Home Depot, or Menards. I also told him it was something we both really wanted...so all that is left from those 3 choices is Best Buy. I could care less about cordless drills or new work boots.

Well now he was excited to open it.

I pointed it out and kept on cooking dinner, trying not to stare at him grinning while he read the card. Ha..the look on his face after the card. Confused. All it said was Bernie and I were really excited about the gift and we really broke the bank on it. He picked the gift up and shook it. Which of course it made zero noise because tissue paper and baby clothes don't make noise. Ha! He was even more confused and I'm about to yell, "JUST OPEN THE DAMN THING!!!"

He finally opens it and pulls out the onesie. He looks at it...and then in the box to see if there is more. Which there is...a bib and a hat. He looked at me with the most bewildered look on his face. "What the? I don't get........" THEN it sunk in.

The look on his face...man I'll never forget it. Ugh..I'm crying.

All I remember after that look is him going, "Are you serious?!!?!?"  and him kissing me.

It was pretty epic.

How did our friend's find out? Well...apparently this blog topic is turning into a week event. I'll write that tomorrow. :)

Then I *promise* at least 4 entries that have nothing to do with me being pregnant!!

It is going to be nice though to have these stories down somewhere..that isn't written in my chicken scratch handwriting..

Pinterest Find:



What a great Halloween Costume!!!! I LOVE Halloween. I may decorate at the end of September...

1 comment: