Monday, August 27, 2012

So, How'd You Tell Your Family?

As I said in my last blog, our families were some of the last people to find out. Sorry guys!! It wasn't on purpose. :/

I have known for years how I was going to tell my parents. I saw a sign at a craft fair and knew it was perfect.

So the Tuesday we found out, I went on Facebook to Sassy Talk's page and ordered the sign. It wouldn't be here for a week n a half. Perfect...if I didn't have to see my parents on Sunday for Father's Day.

So we go to their house to eat dinner. Apparently mom thought that I would put it in dad's card, if we were, so she was very anxious for him to open it. She later told me that she really wanted to ask me, but after how upset I was on Mother's Day- she didn't know how without making me upset. So she just didn't

I really was going to wait until we got that sign, because it was SO perfect, but after dinner I couldn't handle it anymore. I SUCK at keeping secrets. They make me quiet and my face looks all bitchy. It's not a pretty thing. I asked Thane if he was ok with me telling them, and of course he didn't care. :)

Mom wanted me to pull something up on the computer, so before I did that I found the Facebook picture. I sat down next to her and said, "Hey, I wanna show you this cool sign I found!" and handed her the computer.

She read it, and went- "awww, Pamela! That is so sweet!" and patted my leg.

Thane and I just looked at each other...and I go, "Um mom..read it again."

So she did...whispering it to herself like she does when she is proofreading one of my college papers. she gets to the end and she goes, "OH!!! OH!!! ARE YOU!?!?!?! ARE YOU!?!?!?"

My dad is all like, "WHAT?! From his chair across the room." So of course, being the nice daughter I am, I make mom read it to him. Which she can't because she keeps crying so much.

Finally she chokes it out and they both freak out and hug us.

The sign came TWO days later. Ugh.

Here is it:

But, their sign says "parents" instead of "mom" and "grandparents" instead of "grandma." :)
 
 
Next were my sisters. I had no idea how to tell them. I don't know if you have noticed by now, but I'm kind of an extreme person. Just telling them, "Oh..I'm knocked up.." don't cut it.
 
So I opted for the onesies that said something sweet about being an aunt. I happened to be going to the art fair with both of them and my mom one weekend..soo perfect.
 
They were both very confused why they HAD to be at Kristy's van at the same time. My lame excuse was that I had something for mom...which I did. The sign that came TWO days after I told her. Ugh.
 
So I had them a badly wrapped package and mumble something about how I saw it and knew they just had to have it. They opened it..and I got some blank stares.
 
I think Jennifer may have even said, "Why the hell did you give me a onesie?"
 
When they realized it they hugged me...and Jennifer said, "shit..what are we gunna tell mom!?" ;)
 
Kristy took hers home to show my nephews and brother-in-law, and my nephews tried to put it on their dog. :)
 
 
ugh...I can't find the picture right now!! I'll post it when I do :)
 
Thane's family....was the best.
 
A month before we were pregnant, I had thought. Man, how cool would it be if we were far enough along that we could yell it out at family pictures and catch every one's reaction.
 
Guess what....we could!!!!
 
It was perfect, minus that his sister totally called me out on being pregnant when I walked up. I was piiiiiised because I thought Thane had already told them.
 
Turns out, he is just a bad liar...and couldn't deny it. Oiy.
 
So, I had called the photographer the week before and filled her in on my idea...and she was in LOVE with it. So excited. She did warn me though that she may forget because she gets so caught up in the photos.
 
So we are done with pictures, she hops off her ladder to tell us how to order the pictures and all I can think is, "Awww man. Now we just have to tell them all in a normal way. Sad."
 
But no! She hops back on her ladder, yells at Thane's brother for walking away, and says, "I have the pleasure to announce that Thane and Pam are pregnant!!" and then took pictures.
 
It was perfect. His family was so happy.
 
Nancy will have 22 grandchildren. :)
 
That's it!!! I'm done!!! You all know how I told Facebook. (If not, go to my profile and look at old profile pictures.)
 
Thanks for reading. :)
 
Now...ONLY because people have asked.....a bump picture.
 
Note: I just learned like yesterday that if I actually put my hand on my stomach it shows up better. So there isnt much to see in this picture. :)
 
AND don't judge my face in the end of 14 weeks one...I just woke up.
 
 

haha...i totally look like shit in 14. Ugh.

Thanks for reading :)

Oh..and I didn't really proofread. I'm tired. Sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment