Thursday, August 30, 2012

No Spend September

So Thane and I are going to be embarking on a new adventure in September. A No Spend Month.
 
It's going to suck.
 
But..it's something we need to do.
 
What is it you ask? Well....
 
You pay all your bills and that jazz, of course, but you try to cut all the other stuff out. You only get about $250 to cover everything else.
 
This includes gas, food, clothes, going out, etc. This will NOT include: the Taste of Madison or the cost of anything we need for our Apple. You may ask what an Apple can possibly need at this stage..but there are things. Trust me.
 
So this month will be good because it will force us to use the food we already have in our house. The food that is on the bottom of our chest freezer. You know..the food that I have no idea we even have? Ya..that stuff.
 
It will be good because we really need get some money saved up for some big even that is happening soon. September is literally the only month we can do this. October we are in Arizona..$$. November is holiday shopping...$$$. and December is Christmas...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Then it's January, where we can cut back again. and then BOOM...February our household of 2.5 becomes 3.5 and we will no longer have any money.
 
Challenges: My belly.
 
It is getting bigger and I have NO idea what I'm going to be wearing to work in the Fall. I am going to need new pants. Soon. I really do want to hit up Savers or something though...bc I don't want to spend $30 on a pair of pants that I will wear for 5is more months.
 
I also want a pair of TOMS. They will be perfect for work when I can't wear flops anymore, but they are $40. That cuts into my budget a lot. Easy solution: go buy them tomorrow. ;) buuuut I won't get a  break tomorrow and I have to come home right after work.
 
Ugh...it's going to be hard.
 
Never less, I am excited about how much we can hopefully save and set aside for later. If anything, it will curb my spending. Now that I write that I know what else will curb my spending, working out on my breaks. Ya...I should start that again.
 
Here is a link to the blog where I found the idea: No Spend Month Idea

While I am linking you to things. Here is a link to the lady who did the sign I got my mom. She is amazing, affordable, AND has a fast turn around rate.

After the baby comes I plan to buy a Baby Board from her. This is what they look like:



Check out her website: Sassy Talk and here is her FB page: FB Page

Well. I think I am about to crash. I has SUCH a long day. Ugh.

I'm so tired I cant even focus on finding a Pinterest Find. Sorry guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment