Friday, August 24, 2012

So, How'd You Find Out!?

Even though I promised that my pregnancy wouldn't take over my blog..this time it is. Sorry. If you don't want to read I won't be offended. :)

I have found that about every 2 out of 5 people really are interested in how you found out that you're expecting. (which really could be 0 out of 5, but those 2 people are just trying to be really polite. :)

I love telling our story..but as you can tell, I am long-winded. So then about 15 minutes into my story I feel bad. ;) I figure its just better to type it out.

This post may contain some personal stuff, that I don't care if you know, but if you don't want to know..then don't read. Just a fair warning.

So how did we find out?

Well, back story.

I think I blogged about it once, but we were having some major insurance issues. Like first had a waiting period of 9 months, then the month before we had it our company dropped a TON of people because they got rid of their major med. So they transferred us to a shitty company called Celtic. Seriously horrible. Not only was every co-pay huge and you may as well just have major medical insurance, but they didn't have maternity insurance. DIDN'T HAVE IT. How does an insurance company NOT have it!? So, we looked into our own insurance, and looked into Dean. The *day* Thane took our new insurance info to his boss, he was informed that the entire company was changing again...to a MUCH better company. After a talk with our insurance guy he told me some magic words, "You have no waiting period."

I cried.

It's really hard to be told that you can not have a child and start a family just because your insurance company blows and won't give you coverage without making you wait an additional 9 months. So I cried a lot..but this time they were happy tears.

So anyways, it all worked out perfect. Literally, we were right back on track. (Which just proves to me again that everything happens for a reason, and things DO work out.)

Ok, now it gets personal, feel free to skip ahead a bit..

So we started to "not-not try." So "not-not trying" that at one point I was like, "huh...I think we have to do something to get pregnant..." (if you know what I mean.)

Mother's Day hit me hard. I went to my nephew's soccer game and got the itch real bad. I came home and told Thane our new status was "trying."

Boom....a few weeks later. B Sutts is allowing me to eat an ass load of food and making me SLEEP every chance I get.


Ok....done being so personal!!

So anyways, another question I get was...why did you take a test?

I have no idea. I just woke up on a Tuesday and was like "huh...I think I should take a test." It wasn't like I was going to get wasted that night, thought I'd throw that in there because we all know I do that a lot on a Tuesday nights, but I just impulsively took one..and got in the shower for work.

After my shower, I glanced over at the countertop and from across the room, without contacts and glasses (so blind as a bat) I could SEE the two lines.

First thought: "Um...what the hell? That hasn't been the like before." So I cautiously walked over and put on my glasses.

Sure as shit. (haha..my friends hate when I talk about shit.) Two pink lines..so naturally I thought about Eric Church. Jokes...I actually just stared at it in shock.

I instantly didn't believe it. It had to be a faulty test. I, for some reason, was very worried that it would take us a very long time to get pregnant, and it had only been a few months. There is no way the test was accurate. So I threw it away, grabbed another test, and left for work.

Shaking.

I get to work and am bursting to tell Molly, but there are kids *everywhere.* Ugh. Kids at a summer camp. What were they doing there?! So finally I sat down and NO kids were around and I nonchalantly go, "Sooooo wanna go to Target on break?" Molly-"Sure for what?" Me- "Oh, um, a pregnancy test. I think I'm pregnant."

Now lemme tell you. This girl has been on my case since I got married to have a baby. Like I'm sure she wrote, "Congrats on your marriage..now go make a baby." in our card. :) So I knew she'd be excited.

So we go to Target and I buy a REAL test. An EPT..that was on clearance, which was a bad move. Who buys a test on clearance when you really need to know?

Molly asked me how I would tell Thane and I said "IF I am, I'll get him a Father's Day card and a onesie."

So..took the tests. Both positive. Holy shit. Holy shit guys.

My life officially changed in a Target bathroom. Classy ehh?

I walked out of the bathroom trying to find Molly. The lights were all of a sudden a lot brighter and I couldn't really see right, so thank god we have to wear really bright shirts at work so I could find her. She asked how it went and I said, "Guess I'm buying Thane a Father's Day card!" She then screamed and hugged me in Target...while I cried. (happy, overwhelmed tears.)

So we bought the goods and headed back to work, where I quickly called the doctor to make an appointment for that day and the screen printing place to make a shirt. (I'll explain that later.)

Went to the doctor. Did you guys know a LOT of directions come with having to pee in a cup? Ya, good thing they didn't tell me any of those, and I didn't see them til after. So then I was all like, "great, now I missed step 2..the test won't come out right." (Don't ask me what step 2 was..I just know there was some stupid instruction that they didn't tell me to do.)

Well it worked. The nurse came out and said, "Congrats!!! You're pregnant." and in the same breath said, "Do you want a Midwife?!!??"

Um...excuse me ma'am? You just told me my entire world is changing. My life. Please give me a second to let it sink in.

So I just mumbled "Ya I guess." so she would walk away and let me think.

I grabbed my phone to text Molly, "I guess Thane is getting his Father's Day present!!"

To which she replied, "This is Thane."

I text the wrong person.

Pinterst Find:

1 comment: