Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Out With a BANG!

I don't like to post about work much. It's just a bad idea in general...can get unprofessional and all. But today is different.

Today was the last day of my 3K Preschool. I had these kiddos 2 times a week from 8:30-11:30. A total of like 6 hours a week. I at the most had 5 of them at one time. I started the year with 4..and I ended the year with 4. Sadly not the same 4...I would have prefered to end with 5...but life gets in the way of what I want sometimes. ;)

The problem with only have 4-5 kids 6ish hours a week? You get really attached to them. Like I am beyond sad that I don't get to see them again. :( 2 of them will be at KJ next year...but 3 will not.

We ended our year with a bang....a PICNIC!!!! The sandwiches were made with love...and a few germs, but that makes them taste better right? The girls loved making them..and that was all that really mattered. :)

We had bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and balls...what more could you ask for in a picnic? It was pretty perfect...a surprise visit from CO would have made it absolutly perfect, but who can complain?

At the end of the picnic, a mom had me open her present because she wanted to explain it to me. It was a daisy, my favorite flower. (Which I don't think she knew..but still!) She explained that I could plant it, and every year it would come back and grow..and would remind me of her child and how much I have helped her grow and how much she will continue to grow.  It is probably the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten, besides those fog lights Thane got me once...that are still in my garage. But seriously, so thoughtful.

Her card...I read one line and had to put it away because I didn't want to cry. I just want to share my favorite part of it becasue it tells me that even thought it was my first year and I may have struggled grasping all my new responsibilities...I still did the most important thing:

"You have truly changed her point of view, you have taught her, loved her, encouraged her, helped her and most of all wanted her to stay who God has wanted her to be."

I am crying now. Ugh. I should probably keep that card at work, so that when I am having a bad day..I can read it and remember that I do make a difference. Good idea Pam...I like how you think.

All I do know is that next years class will have some pretty big shoes to fill. I'm pretty sure I had the most amazing 3 year olds in the state of WI...so I'm not real sure how next year will be. :)

Now on to summer......and what a hectic summer it will be.

Pinterest Find of the Day:

I feel that this is pretty perfect for this post..

No comments:

Post a Comment