Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May be TMI for some...

I always love the semi-annual sale. You can get $8 underwear for $3.99...what else can be better? and why is underwear $8?!

Every time I go I buy at least 4 or 5 pairs. The first time. I usually go back about 3 times. At least.

So today after I bought 5 new pairs I got thinking...I should proooobably throw away some of the ones I already have.

Ugh....then my packratness sets in.

What if.....what if our wash machine breaks down again and I can NEVER wash my underwear?!

What if...Bernie gets in our room while we are at work and eats 25 pairs of my BEST underwear. I'd only be left with 50!

Oh the humanity!!!! I shudder to think about how horrible it would be...

I know exactly what I am throwing away. Number one...that horrible few pairs that I bought when Thane and I started dating.

THIS MAY BE TMI FOR SOME...SKIP TO THE NEXT SET OF CAPS........

They are those pairs that when you're 21 and don't shop at Victoria Secrets that you think are sexy. Well my 21 year old self...they are not. They are in fact made of shitty material...and are beyond impractical. Stupid bows, or lace up back...not ok on any underwear. Just sayin.

That is where I am at in my life. Impractical underwear? Seeee ya! I have my man....

Ok, I feel bad saying that. I should probably save some...

NO! There I am Packrat Pam! Just throw it away!!! Buy some NEW actual sexy ones...from VS. Just saying....

OK NOW YOU CAN READ AGAIN.....

I just did a search for underwear on Pinterest. You get some crazy stuff. Shoulda known...anyway...


I am throwing underwear like this way..
and stocking up on these...


WOAH...PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

Make sure you WASH any new underwear you buy!!

I watched The Today Show once and they did an undercover thing on a ton of major dept. stores, even VS.

They returned underwear in different stages of grossness, some had stains and some smelled gross. They were able to return them..no problem. In most cases they just got put back on the rack. The gross smelly ones....they were aired out and then put back.

GROSS.

My other Pinterest find:

Words to live by...


1 comment:

  1. two thoughts on this topic:
    1. i told doug the other night that it was time for me to do laundry because i was running out of clean underwear (and that's kind of impressive since i've bought like 20 new pairs this year) and he started laughing at me. like boys are the only ones who live by that rule...
    B. the most frustrating thing about new underwear is the fact that you have to wash them before you can wear them. let's be serious, you don't ever buy underwear unless they're cute, and who the hell wants to wait to wear them?! and of course i always seem to buy new ones riiiiiight after i've done laundry, so i have to wait like 2 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete