Thursday, March 20, 2014

True Life: Raising a Cannibal

My child bit me tonight. 

HARD.

My frickin shoulder still hurts. Even after I ingested Oreos to make it feel better.

Here's how it went down. I know you're dying to know. 

Backstory:
He was at work with me today. He woke up at 3am and we "slept" on the couch until 6. I use " " because I have no idea if he actually fell back asleep. I know I did...that weird limbo sleep that moms have. P? Everytime I came out of my limbo I heard him smackin on his blankie right next to me...who knows if his eyes were closed?

So anyways..this kid woke up at 3..maybe fell back asleep..maybe not? Took a nap at 6:45...was awake until like noon. Took a 2 hr nap and thats it.

Can we say bags under his eyes?

You know how you feel when you are OVER tired? You get hyper and super crazy? No...just me? Well...my kid too. 

He is bouncing off the walls...laughing. Then laying on the floor crying. Then walking at me giggling. Then crawling on the floor crying like he just lost his best friend. (Which his best friend...the blankie...is actually in his mouth so there is no way he lost him.) Sigh.

So in the middle of all these random things, he walks to me and hugs me. So cute. I love this kid and I love the hugs he just learned to give. 

So the last hug...aww it was so sweet.  I thought he was nuzzleing me. Aww....

NO. 

I realize this little cannibal has dug his teeth in my shoulder and won't let go!

I lean forward holding slowing saying. "oooooooooooooWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

I dont know how I didn't drop him. Mom mojo I suppose. Cause shit..that hurt.

He just laid there looking at me as I rubbed my shoulder and said "NAUGHTY!" 

He just stared at me all like "Mom...I'm cute. Why are you overreacting so?"

I'm all like "KID! You just almost broke skin with your new teeth!"

Then.....I realize I may or may not have just yelled in his ear. I don't even know for sure. The blinding pain. 

Now I'm freaked out I was too loud. What if I injured his ear? He wasn't crying...so thats a good sign.

I'm going to overreact anyways. He probably has hearing loss. 


No comments:

Post a Comment