Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blankieist

That is my child.

A Blankieist. 

It's like a racist or a sexist but with blankies. 

He has 2 favorite blankies. They are disgusting. And the smell. Oh the smell. 

We got them at Pecks craft fair in Spring Green last summer. 2 for $16 with his name on them for free! My mom bought the 2nd one, but I was skeptical because why would he need two? What a waste of money.

Ha! What a joke that is. Stupid Pam...amateur mom. Thank god we got two.

So move forward 6 months and I am desperately trying to find another blankie for him to chew on.

Tried one he got when he was born. Hated it. 

Mom got him a cool chevron one. Hated it.No feet on the end and wrong texture. 

I got him one with feet on the end. Hated it. Who knows why? It even had an extra thing bc of the elephant nose.

I was at a lose. We could deal with only having two...but man it'd be really nice to have more. So we could wash them without stressing out that he would need to nap with or if we had to go on a car ride or God forbid what happens when we lose one?! Which man..that happens a lot. He likes to crawl or walk around the house with them in his mouth and leave them in random places.

Like our TV remote right now. That has been missing for days. 

Anyways, we tried to ask Pecks for her information. I have looked all over ETSY. All over amazon. Nothing.

Flash forward to last Thursday night. We were cleaning for a showing. (yes....a showing!!) and I noticed an etsy magnet on our fridge. I stopped cleaning in my tracks and froze..."Thane, what if this is the blankie lady?"

He just laughed. I pulled out my phone...put in her website...and the first picture that popped up? Parker's zebra blankie. 

fml.

Almost a year later...I find her card that has been in plain sight this whole frickin time.

I ordered on Thursday night, and we got it Saturday! 

So anyways, we wash it and give it to Parker...and hold our breath.

Literally...we were too scared to move and distract him from his new blankie. 

He looks at it...turns it over and over in his hands. He was looking for the feet. Turns it over and over and over...we are totally holding our breath the entire time watching. Who knew a blankie was such a big deal?

He throws it aside. 

UGH.

Thane gave it back to him. He turns it over..and over...and over....and FINDS A FOOT!!!!

He promptly stuck it in his mouth..chewed for a few seconds....thrown aside.

We obviously need to ease into this new blankie.

Thane took him and his blankie into his room to play and all of a sudden I hear him whispering frantically "Pam....PAM!" I looked and Parker is walking out of his room, grinning, with his new blankie in his mouth.

WOO!!!

We decided to put him down for nap with it. 5 minutes later he is screaming. Juuuuuust screaming. He was NOT ok with the new blankie. 

Sigh...he is currently laying down for his nap with the new blankie..and an old one. He will learn to love this one..its just too new right now. Not quite broken in yet like the others...to soft and well...clean. 




Pinterest Find:




No comments:

Post a Comment