Friday, April 13, 2012

To The Best Mom I Know...

Wednesday was my mama's birthday. I said happy birthday to her in every way possible..ok except in person or with a card....thanks technology. I text her, Facebooked her, and called her..well tried to. I'm pretty sure she was avoiding my calls.

So now I will blog about it!

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!

As my title says, I'm pretty sure I have the best mom ever.

I can't believe some of the things she does for Thane and me. I have known it since I was a kid. If I need something...if they can do it..it's done.

I give my parents a lot of credit. I will admit, I was spoiled. While it has effected me in some ways...like winning at board games....in many ways, somehow, it has made me a well rounded person. It just goes to show..you can give your kids what they want- within reason- and not go overboard and make there crazy annoying temper tantrum kids/adults.

Mom has been to almost 100% of my volleyball games. I'm not joking. I remember one time in middle school, it was 10 min before game time and mom wasn't there. I was worried so I borrowed money to use the pay phone. (Yes. I said pay phone. That is how old I am. I didn't have a cell phone in middle school.) Anyways, apparenlty I had forgotten to tell her about the game.....man was she pissed. I'm pretty sure I got grounded.

Anywho....in high school our house was the "Pop n Chip Party" captiol. I loved that my friends could come over and hang out and in the morning mom would have pancakes and orange juice waiting for us. I still have some friends that ask me if we can have a sleepover at my parent's house so that they can wake up and eat mom's pancakes :)

I think she has really come through for me the most in the past few years.

Who else has a mom that will watch their dog for over a week, and then bring him back to you when you get home from the airport because it is like 8pm and if you drive another minute you may fall asleep at the wheel?
I do!

Or a mom (and dad) that will drive you to the airport for your honeymoon, and then bring your car back later....and have money in it to pay the parking toll....and a card for your sister's birthday that was that day just in case you forgot? (which I didn't by the way!)

I do!

Or a mom comes and sits at your house for a potential 3 hours to wait for furniture...and ends up cleaning your kitchen and doing all your dishes? My mom. (Let's be serious though. She is such a clean freak that it probably drove her nuts to see the blender in the sick and the dishes on the counter. But I'll take it!)

ME!!

I don't think I would have made it through wedding planning without her. While I loved doing it, there were certain things I just did NOT want to do. Mom took one for the team and did those things and helped with everything else. Man...I miss wedding planning.

So long story short. I have an amazing mom. She is always there when I need her, and for that I will always be thankful!

Love you mom!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy some pictures of my mommy:

At my cousin Karen's wedding.



My mom and sister's at my bachelorette party. Yes. My mom was on my bachelorette bus. That may have been an eye-opening experience for her....

and here we go....old school. FYI: That owl picture is still in the same spot.


Happy Friday the 13th!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. No more zombies! And, I agree, Jan is great!! She has always been like a mom to me :)

    ReplyDelete