Wednesday, April 25, 2012

730 Days of Wedded Bliss.

Man...that is a lot of days.

Bliss?

Not all of them.

There was the night when I finally flipped out on him because when he gets home late and I'm sleeping he ALWAYS turns on ALL the lights. I however, sneak around with the light of my phone display running into things just so I don't wake him up.  There were some swear words thrown around that night. Ugh.

But there was also the time he actually got me flowers for Valentine's Day. I was so shocked that it made me cry. :) Bonus points because they were all Gerber Daisies. Love.

But then are the times where he "can't find" anything. Ever. He has to call me. "Pam...where is the baking soda." "Well Thane, it is the food cabinet on the baking shelf." "I already looked there." "Thane...move some stuff around." "Ohh......now I found it..it was right behind the baking powder!"

God that annoys me. Thankfully, he has finally started to actually move stuff to find things. It actually works....who knew?!!

But there was that time that I was so sick I felt like I was dying and he came home armed with a bunch of medicine I refuse to take...and then forced me to take it. I felt better....weird.

Obviously we aren't perfect, but we are perfect for each other. :)

I thought on this day...the day after our 2 year anniversary, I would walk you through some highlights of our big day.

Enjoy!

This is the Friday before. My awesome bridesmaids were finishing up putting more cookie favors in bags. Love you guys.

My daddy and me during pictures. He probably just cracked a stupid joke. :)

Thane before the ceremony. He looks nervous. He wanted to have a beer...but his brother wouldn't let him. Thanks Sean.

Thane and his Best Man Docken. Peter Docken. Yes he has a first name.....:)


Out of a list of at least 100 "Must Haves" for Emily our photographer, this was the only one Thane cared about. "Must have all groomsmen doing "Got a little captain in you?" pose.  This is one reason I love him.




My amazing bridesmaids. <3.


Our vows. This is the part, I think, where he totally got lost looking at me...and paused on the whole "I promise to honor you and something something...the I will not cheat on you part." I was like...umm......?

Outside the church after!!

This is where the party gets started. We walked to the bar just down the street and got busy partying.

One of the 5,000 kisses we had to do because of the clinking glasses. 4,000 of those are because of my dad..he loves to clink his glass.


Our first dance song to Jimmy Wayne's "You Are." It's not a very well known song but when I heard it a few months after we started dating I knew it would be our wedding song.

My amazing sister and brother-in-law put this together. They rolled out a desk and inside it was a sack lunch with a beer in it, a yard stick, this sign that says "I will be good," and a bunch of paper airplanes. We danced to the longest song ever by some big hair band. I loved it. I definitely slammed Thane's fingers in the desk a few times....



This is where the night gets so much more fun. A certain friend wanted a lap dance....I won't name names here. I told him no...bc I was in my dress and I'm classy. So then he wanted me to get on the table and dance...I'm too classy for that. SO I compromised and danced on a chair. My sister freaked out...thinking I was on the table and came and grabbed me off.

Sweet dance moves were pulled out.....

Erika caught the bouquet...and I freaked out. Beyond awesome.

And my favorite picture of the night. After the Grand March I grabbed Thane and Emily and this happened....

I finally had snagged the most amazing man...and got him to wear that ring.

How lucky am I?

Pinterest Finds:






And what a party it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment