Sunday, December 4, 2011

21 Days of Christmas!!!

21 Days of Christmas....21 Days of Christmas!!!!! (You have to sing that in tune to the ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas song....just an FYI.)

You may be thinking, "But Pam...newsflash...There are 25 days in December before Christmas." Why yes smartass...I know. But I was too lazy to start blogging about this on the 1st, so you get 21 days. Soooo sorry.

I want to make this Christmas different. How? I have no idea. A friend of mine posted that she is doing the 25 days of Christmas with her kids...which is cool. I don't have kids though..soooo that doesn't work. I could do it with Thane..but we are both exhausted all the time, or he is working..soo I'll do it on my own! So. From now until Christmas I plan to do something that is Christmas related everyday, take a picture of it..and blog about it! (I want to get in the habit of blogging again so this may help :)

So Day One: I did this last night, but I'm counting it for today because I think it rocks. I made decorations for my house. I have been finding a buttload of ideas on Pinterest, if you're not on Pinterest you need to be, and I decided that now is the time to start making them. I made time yesterday to do so, because I have decided that if I want to do something fun for myself I do have time..I just have to make time. So instead of cleaning the entire house yesterday, I cleaned part of it and finshed my Chirstmas cards and did some decorations.

So. Usually when we get Christmas cards I tape them to a wall in our living room. Problem: I use scotch tape and our walls are textured so the cards fall down. Aaaannnoying!!!! SO this year I was creeping around on Pinterest and I found this. http://pinterest.com/pin/286682332499408623/ (Her blog is awesome too by the way...I spent almost an hour reading it the other day.) So anyways....I like the sign at the top, but I wanted to put my on each side of our Christmas tree so I did this...



"Wow Pam!! How'd you do that?! It is so amazing!!!" Aww you guys.....well it was easy. I went to World of Variety and bought some red Christmas ribbon, with stars on it, for $1.49 and clothes pins, which were a HUGE rip off....$5 for 50 clothes pins!? P-A-Lease! Ugg. Anyways...I painted 20 clothespins green and then made red dots on them with a Q-Tip and voila! I did paint 2 pins red with green dots to put on the bottom to make the ribbon lay straight.

On to craft 2. I found this all over Pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/286682332499346710/ and couldn't wait to do it. The day after Thanksgiving I bought 10 plastic ornaments from Target and got to work. I went to Michaels to get a few different colored ribbons to match the ornaments and went to town. Super easy as well. You just stick one part of the ribbon through the ornament hook, which ok..is actually easier said then done if the ornament hole is tiny. Anyways...pull through and hot glue together! Then you have to ask your husband to hold the extra ornaments while you hang them up. The challenge here is to make sure that he doesn't mix up the ribbon color order while holding them. Easier said than done. This was the hardest part :) So here is my version...





So I love this one because all I had up here last year were the snowflakes, and I didn't feel like it was enough. HA! Fixed!!

Hope you liked my crafts :) I do!! Today's craft: Make a Christmas Tree card...that I will never use because we do picture cards for our Christmas cards...but whatever. Maybe I'll get a head start and I can sell them next year ;)

Happy 21 days til Christmas!!!!

Peace Out-
Pam

1 comment:

  1. I love the decorations! I so pinned the window one today :)

    ReplyDelete