Tuesday, December 6, 2011

19 Days of Christmas: Christmas Lights...

are on my top 10 list of favorite things at Christmas time. If they are done right. If you literally do one bush and that is it...whats the point? I will be the first to admit....our lights suck this year. I am used to icicle lights and last year I took them down and threw them in a clump. DUMB idea. I didn't even try to get untangle them.

So new idea....I wanted old fashioned lights. Mom found out and gladly passed on the lights from their house. Perfect!! Now I don't have to spend $11 a box and still have the same aweosome effect. No. Wrong. She gave us 13ish strands of lights and on many of them there were at least 5 lights either straight up broken or burnt out. One stand, the filament burst and started to smoke while I held it. No deal breaker though..I was pushing through. Deal breaker? When I plugged in an entire strand and a HUGE spark came out of the outlet. Deal breaker! My fire phobia kicked in high gear and I called the Bread Winner, the guy who brings home the bacon, and asked him if I could get new lights so our house wouldn't burn down. He said.....sure. :) 

Then my adventure began. I threw on some boots to add to my beautiful old sweatpants and huge sweatshirt look. I threw on a stocking hat because my hair was a hot mess and set out to the MH to find some lights. Mission Impossible. For real. World of Variety-Zero. Walgreens-As if. Co-op-not the right ones. Ugg...Target trip on Purple Saturday (ya know..the day after Black Friday?) shit..sounds good. So I had to go to Target looking like a piece of white trash the day after a bender...luckily Erika came with me..and bought me a Starbucks. So even though people saw me and thought "oh..she must be homeless." they then saw my Starbucks and were like.."ohhhhh she can afford $5 a coffee...she is just lazy." Perfect.

So anyways. We now have LED lights that just go above our garage, and along our sidewalk like...and around a GIGANTIC tree. Thane's question about the tree was..."didn't we already put lights in that?" Why yes we did babe...2 years ago, and they are still there. You find them! So ya..new lights added. The tree looks great, but I feel the house is missing something. If I had a ladder and wasn't scared of falling off of it onto the concert, I would go along our roof line. But I don't, and I am. So forget it. 

Luckily, our neighbor does this nice little candle thing around his dumb little garden, and has one of those spiral tree things I really want. When you come up to our house the way I come home from work...it looks like it is in our yard and it looks great with the house. So..I'll just claim that.

In short, if you want to see amazing lights drive on 151 towards Dodgeville and right after the first MH sign look to your left. The blue trees, you can't miss them. SO amazing. This guys does more every year. If you haven't seen them.....go check them out. Worth the drive. 

I need sleep. Tomorrow is going to suck. 

Later!
-Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment