Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Already!?

I can't believe it is already 2012..well 13 hours I mean. Where did 2011 even go!? I feel like these last few months has just flown by. I am not exactly sure how I feel about my 2011. It's hard to think that far back and remember exactly what you did. So I'll try....

My friends and I did start having a girls night every other week...and then it stopped with the holidays :/  I really enjoyed them because I feel like our "others" have a night every week that they set aside and get together to bullshit, how they do it every week I have NO idea. But why shouldn't we get together and strengthen our friendships? I hope we start it up again, but sadly I think even 2 times a month is too much sometimes! I guess that is how you know when you're getting old. God, even as I write that I cringe. How is 2 times a month during the week too much for friends? I take that back. Maybe its just because we do it during the week? I dunno....I'll post in the group later ladies :) (Positive)

We went to Arizona with some great friends. I had so much fun and I realized that I really do like to travel. The hope is to go somewhere once a year. That's the hope. Here's to crossing fingers that it happens. One valuable lesson learned on this trip? Don't vacation when all the girls on the trip are PMSin...just saying ;) (Positive)

My sister moved to a rock. A dangerous rock....with a amazing view. She needs to move home. Now. enough said. (Negative.)

So many of my friends and family have had babies!!!!!! Or should be having them (ahem Staci!). I have finally gotten over my fear of floppy baby head syndrome and can hold newborns. Score for me. (Positive)

I found out that we are nowhere near closer to being able to have a baby of our own than we were 7 months ago. Thank you very fucking much insurance. So that won't be in our cards for 2012. Still an open wound on that one. I just have to believe that Fate decided that we have too much to do before we have babies. That is the only logical explanation in my head for the insane crap our insurance has pulled on us. Stupid Fate. (KIDDING FATE!!! Don't Karma me on that one.....I hope you aren't reading this. Shit.) (So anyways....huge negative on that one.)

We found out that having two dogs is a horrible horrible idea. God that was a horrible depressing 3 months of my life. Warren. I shudder to even type that name. he was clearly the Devil's dog at one point. I shouldn't say that because he had a really hard life, which was evident by his limp, his attitude to strange men (barking and snarling), his intentional not peeing on our 45 minute walks and then going on the carpet as soon as I jumped in the shower, and him almost biting the face off of a lady we gave him to. Sigh. Not to mention how Bernie changed when he was here. My cuddle bug of a dog, who jumps in bed with us at 4am (which is funny when I read my friend Leslie's blog and she talked about kids doing that...who needs kids?! We have a giant dog to do it!) was coming no where near us. I hated how he changed and we learned that this is for sure a 1 dog household. (so another negative...unless you count that we bought a spot cleaner to clean up Warren's pee. Best investment ever.)

I found Pinterest, and have opened a whole new window of my creative brain. I love it. I now have a craft room, a Cricut, and a goal. (I'll talk about that in my post tomorrow:) I have found that I really love to do crafts, and organize things. I guess I already knew that, but Pinterest has helped me embrace it.....and cooking. SO many good recipes on that site. Thane likes it too. :)  (Positive)

I gained like 40 pounds. Not literally but sure as shit feels and looks like it. I work in a workout facility for God sakes..how did that happen!? Well, I know how it happened. I plan to fix it. (huge negative.)

I came to a new realization on how important my family is to me. Thanks to my sister moving to a rock. When she was home for a week or two we spent more family time together than we do in most months. It was great. We got together to just hang out and watch a movie. We never do that. I have seen my nephews more in the past month and a half than I usually do in 6 months. That is ridiculous. Yes, they live 45 minutesish away, but I need to make more time to go see them...and my parents. (Positive)


I should go clean, but I am pretty comfortable on my couch, with Bernie using my stomach as a pillow. (It is pretty comfy now apparently with that extra 40 pounds on it) I just decided I'm going to make 2012 more eventful. Maybe I'll make a list! I love lists. A To-Do list for 2012. I'll blog about it! Bah! Ok. yup. Doing it. Jan 2. That is what I will do. I have to clean my house today...and make a cake for tonight. I don't even want to go back and tally the things I wrote about and see if there were more positive or negative things, because it doesn't matter. I'm sure I forgot a lot of positive things,  because that is how I roll. The important thing is is that I have Thane, Bernie and my family and friends...and this year I got to spend more time with them. I plan to spend even more time with them in 2012. 

So here's to making 2012 the best year yet!! Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for reading to the end. ;)

Love,
Moi

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And with the whole baby thing- ENJOY your time to be just you and Thane. It's so cliche but as soon as you have a baby, you will look at him and go "who the hell are you?!" You both change so much in just a short time, and what little time you do get together is spent either sleeping or doing errands. And get all the travelling you can done before a Sutter Jr is running around- that shit don't happen when you have a baby :) If you have any questions about the whole baby thing, just ask- or about anything, I'm here...I'm so glad Erika introduced us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. I really am taking it as a sign that we aren't meant to have kids just yet. That is all I can think with how random this stupid insurance stuff has been. It actually takes a lot of stress off because we have some big plans this year for our house etc..so its for the best. :) Thanks for the advice though. Ditto to Erika introducing us...you're pretty fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete