Friday, December 9, 2011

18 and 17 Days of Christmas: Christmas Programs.

So I know I know....I didn't blog on these days. I have a great excuse though! Wednesday my sister came home from St Thomas! So I went to the airport with my family to get her :) Then we went out for drinks....and I stayed at my other sister's house..so I had zero time to blog. 

Last night.....God I was exhausted. I was literally so tired my head hurt and I wanted to cry. Fml. I packed to come home and wrapped presents and went to bed as soon as I could. This week has been super long at work and I guess it caught up to me.

So anyways....I will do TWO blogs today to make up for it :) 

Today's topic: Christmas programs. I had mine at work on Thursday. The Blue Stars rocked the stage. I have 5 kids in my 3 yr old half day preschool. Ok, so an half an hour before the show I get a call and find that one of them has a really high fever. 10 minutes later....a call that another one is throwing up every where. Awesome. I'm down to 3. So...I take them to get ready and one of them has a meltdown like it is the end of 2012 and she is Mayan. So ok..she doesn't go on stage. Down to 2 kids. On stage one kid refused to sing and the other did her whisper voice instead of singing. 

Sounds horrible right? No...I loved it. I was SO proud of the two that were on the stage that I think I had the biggest smile ever on my face. As I am sitting on the ground trying to get L to sing loud and stop whispering...it hit me. I am going to be THAT parent. I am going to be that mom that goes to her kid's Christmas program in the ugly sweater that I fail to see how it is ugly with reindeer antlers and blinking lights on. I might even spice it up and wear a Santa hat with a jingle bell on the end so I can bob my head to the music and contribute to the song.

Yes my friends...I will be that parent, and I'm jacked up about it. 

That is all for now. My family just got here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment