Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Main Difference Between Moms and Dad...

So I'm not trying to rag on my husband here..I swear...but there is one main difference in being a mom and dad.

Sleeping.

When Parker gets up out of bed and actually leaves his room he has to shut his door behind him. If we aren't in our room, he has to shut our door too. 

Not a bad thing considering his door is really loud when he pulls it shut, so it alerts us if he is up. 

So last night we are sound asleep at like 1 am when all of a sudden...WHAM!! P is up and out of bed and not in his room anymore. 

I am always the one to jump out of bed and get him because Thane needs to sleep. I don't like him to be awake at night and then have to go to work and mess with live wires. Cept now....now he has a cushy office job. He can get up at night. 

Last night was his night. 

So, P slams his door and I about jump out of my skin. I groan and push Thane in the back. "Huh?" He says all sleepy. He didn't even wake up!? How? It sounded like a friggin bomb went off in our room and he didn't even flinch. 

"Go get your kid."

He rolls out of bed and stumbles to the end, "Why where is he?"

"I don't know...not in his bed."

"Well where...OH MY GOD!"

I'm drying right now. P has this habit of either standing in the doorway unsure if he can come in...or he creeps up next to you and whispers by your head. Both are creepy. Like Children of the Corn creepy. Only its our kid...and he doesn't like veggies. 

Apparently last night he was just standing in the doorway looking at us. Holding his blanket from T and chewing on his Stink. Apparently he startled Thane and he jumped back...almost falling into our foot board. 

I laughed...and fell back asleep.

K, now its 3am. P coughs and my eyes fly open. Thane...snoring. 

330 am...P whimpers and says "mommy?" Eyes fly open. Thane...nothing.

4am...P is screaming and Thane jumps out of bed. I think I woke him up with all my getting in and out of bed..and it was definitely his turn again. 

I told him to just bring P to bed so we could maybe get some sleep. 

I woke up in the morning and felt P next to me and I smiled. I thought "Oh how cute..he is all cuddled up next to me" I finally force myself out of bed and look at him.

Nope. 

Zero cuddling. 

This kid is laying sideways in bed. He had just had his head shoved in my back for the last hour. At least Thane got his feet. I luckily never get his feet. He kicks a lot in his sleep.  

Bottom line..I realized last night that I don't think I have had a decent night sleep in 2+ years now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment