Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Becoming a Submissive Wife

We were laying in bed Sunday night channel surfing when Thane stops the guide and says "Um...The Submissive Wife's Guide to Marriage?"

I saw it was on TLC so I said..."Flip to it!" and we watched it for a while.

We watched a few minutes and I said "Oh..I already do all of this...." and giggled a little bit.

Thane just stared at me in disbelief...and he definitely noticed that I couldn't say that without laughing. "mmmhmmmm"

We watched a few more minutes and I was like "Yup...I'm definitely submissive." and laughed again. Thane made some comment and I informed him that he wouldn't know what to do if I was submissive. He'd be in such shock. 

Then I realized it was 10:20 and told him to record it and we fell asleep.

Fast forward to today when I finished the show.

Some pointers I picked up:

  • It is in the wife's "job description is to help her man, serve her man, submit to her man, and sleep with her man.” It is in the husband's "job description" to provide for her, be the head of the household, and to treat his wife with respect and love. 
  • After his long day at work, he shouldn't have to come home to another job. Everyone in the house should drop what they are doing and greet him at the door. If need be, put the dog upstairs so they aren't the first one to greet the husband. There should be appetizers and a cold drink waiting for him. 
  • The wife should be doing all the chores at home. I don't know if this includes lawn mowing and picking up dog poop...that wasn't covered. Cause in my book...that is Thane's job. He is way faster at both! 
  • You should fill your man's "love tank" often. Something about his testicles hurting. 
  • Your marriage will be stronger if you practice this way of life. 
I was sitting there listening to the 3 families talk, because apparently they could only find 3 families that practice this way of life,and thought "hmm....maybe I should try some of this. I could take some stuff off of Thane's plate. 

When is the last time I filled his "love tank?" It has been in the last month..check! 

I was currently doing laundry and making dinner...check!

I was on the right road...thinking maybe I could adopt some of these ideas and then this family started to discuss their 11 year old getting social media and the wife did NOT want her to get it. Then another main point came out. " I will have to talk to my husband. He is the head of this household and he has the final say. I answer to him, but he answers to God."

I stopped in my tracks. 

Heeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. Thane does NOT have the final say in this house. We talk it out and make the decision together. And I do not answer to him.....unless he witnesses me bringing in 8 bags from the mall. Usually I'm good at hiding them though so this doesn't happen often/

Never will I tell my children...well Dad has the final say on some important topic, Unless we have already talked about it and I know the answer is no. Then I will say that.....cause he will be the bad guy :) 

I thought maybe tonight I would try taking everything off his plate though...it might be a nice change for him.

and then he got home.

I did greet him at the door with a kiss and a "How was your day? Did you get the butter?"

He went to change and I yelled "Hey! Can you go pick up the dog poop? I think Bernie pooped in the neighbor's yard."

Then I asked him to take out the garbage...and unload the dish washer while I finished dinner. 

Opps. 

Apparently this house is more about team work. Especially when I work until 6 at night and come home pregnant and exhausted.  

I should have known that being Submissive just isn't for me. I got irate when I called US Cellular to change something on our plan and they told me I can't do it because I'm not the primary account holder. Um...I write the check every month thankyouverymuch. It was so degrading for me to have Thane call him to make a simple change. I made sure he promptly put me on the plan. 

I think what we have works just fine for us. Ya know....both being equals. Obviously I look to Thane for guidance. He is my husband and my best friend..that is what you do.

In reality, these families have a strong faith in God and the Bible, I will not judge that. Good for them! But these women have taken it to the extreme. While interesting....it's not a life for me or a majority of the population. 

I did make brownies tonight though! #awesomewife


No comments:

Post a Comment