Sunday, May 31, 2015

Embrace the Craving.

Cravings are an interesting thing.

I have no idea why you get them when you are pregnant. I don't feel like googling it.

I like food to begin with..even when not growing a human. If I have dinner set in my mind and then Thane swoops in and changes it without giving me plenty of notice...I get pissed. So imagine how unreasonable I am when there are two bellies to feed.

Very.

The interesting thing with pregnancy cravings, or at least with mine, is that if I don't eat what I'm craving and I choose to eat other things..I am not satisfied until said craving has been shoved in my face.

My kids are stubborn. They want what they want. The older one is proving that right now actually.

Sometimes, if I don't eat what I'm craving I swear I'm going to lose it. It's all I can think about. What can I say? This girl likes her food.

With Parker I didn't have many cravings.

I definitely did not and do not crave pickles.

With P I HAD to have a Chocolate Chocolate Grandma's Cookie (like the kind we got in 8th grade at snack time) and a Mountain Dew..every day of the work week. This was one craving that if I didn't go get..I felt I wouldn't survive.

Oreos was another one..as many of you remember. No wonder P loves them now.

That's all I can really remember that I HAD to have.

This time around its a only a few things:

  • Shed pizza. This was my very first craving with this kid. Of course my husband wouldn't go get it for me...at 11:30 at night. I thought husbands were supposed to drop what they were doing, or in this case crawl out of bed, to make their pregnant wife happy. Guess mine  missed the memo on that one. So instead I cooked a Target pizza..and ate almost the whole thing. 
  • Subway Philly Cheese Steak. Of course this is the most expensive sub on their menu. Of course I NEED a foot long every time. 
  • Macaroni and Cheese. wtf. Who craves Kraft Macaroni and Cheese? Me apparently. Good thing it is also on P's list of 5 things he will eat right now. Thane however...is not enjoying this dinner choice.
  • Fruity Pebbles. The other night we had this big dinner and all I could think was how much I wanted a bowl. So about 20 minutes after dinner I sat on the couch with my bowl of sugary deliciousness and Thane just looks at me, "Feeding the baby now?" Sigh...he really gets me :) 
  • My mom's spaghetti sauce. I could eat spaghetti every night with that sauce...Thane on the other hand...not so much. he likes the sauce, just not on night 3 of having it :) 
  • Chicken Wraps. I wish the cook at work would make them more.....oh my god..its Chicken Wrap week!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!
That kind of seems like a lot of things...

At the moment, I'm craving my bed. 

Peace out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment