Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mr Pissy Pants

So last Tuesday I realized as I was changing P's diaper that he hasn't smiled at me in a while. A long while.

Like since about the time I left to go back to work. That is a LONG time. and leave it to me to not notice until so much later....I'm not very observant.

So the rest of the morning I did everything I could to get him to smile at me....nothing.

He was mad at me.

I may or not have cried all the way to work. and then at work. I had the worst day ever.

And it wasn't just that he wasn't happy during this time. Oh no. He would smile at everyone else...at the drop of a hat.

"Oh you looked at me?...SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE!!!!"

"Oh...you said hi to me?...SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILE!!"

"Oh...you're my mom? I'M NOT LOOKING AT YOU!"

I am not kidding. I wish I was.

So on Friday, as I'm getting him ready to go to Grandma's I look at him and smile and say, "We are going to spend aalll day on Sunday cuddling and I will get you to smile at me again!" and my little baby accidentally let out a smile. Once he realized what he did, he put it away and turned his head. But it was still a smile. :)

My sister posted a picture on Facebook of him smiling. Ugh. Literally for everyone but me!

So today..that is exactly what we did. We cuddled. Then we boppied. Then we cuddled.

During boppie time I talked his ear off...and he SMILED AT ME!!!

I even got coos from him. Several. He was talking back to me :)

So here is hoping Mr Pissy Pants isn't mad at me anymore....I can't take another week of no smiles!

Pinterest:

This one in for you Katie:

No comments:

Post a Comment