Monday, April 15, 2013

Is He Behind?

It is standard teacher smeacher stuff to not compare children's abilities. Some kids are just a little more advanced or a little behind their peers. Every child is an individual and they take things at their own pace.

Yada yada. Easy to remember unless it's your kid.

One of my friends from high school, who has one of the most adorable babies ever, posted a picture of her kiddo in a Jumparoo the other day. Her baby is really close in age to Parker...so I just stared at it in awe. He looked so happy and strong in the picture.

I haven't even thought about getting P's Jumparoo out. His neck is quite strong enough yet. I have this mental image of me putting him in it...and he would sit up for about 10 seconds before slamming his head on a rattle or something.

My nephew's baby, who was also born within two weeks of P is holding a rattle. Holding it. I then promptly went and got P a rattle and put it in his hand. It fell out. Right away.

Thane's cousin posted a picture of her baby, also born within 2 weeks of P, doing tummy time on her boopie. What a good idea!! So I tried that...nope.

It makes me worry that we aren't doing what we should be with him. Maybe he should be doing more bumbo time. Maybe he should be doing more tummy time. Maybe I should be feeding him spinach.

After the Jumparoo picture, I checked my email and had one from Meriter.

Subject Line: Your baby at 8 weeks.

Oh ya.

While he is 3 months old.....he is really only 8 weeks old.

His doctor said he will catch up by 6 months, but its hard to remember.

He can however bust a move.

Pinterest:






No comments:

Post a Comment