Friday, February 3, 2012

Looking Forward to Valentine's Day?

Me too. Cept...not as much as I was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Let's face it. Valentine's Day is for newlyweds and newly datings. I totally agree that it is just one day in Feb. 

Doesn't mean I don't want flowers.

Or a card.

Or a nice meal....that I'll have to cook. 

It's true though....Valentine's Day changes after you have been together a while. When you start...it is just a fantastic/stressful excuse to buy each other that PERFECT present. (I think one year I got fog lights for my car. That are still sitting in my garage....and were for a car that I have since sold..)

Let's be honest for a minute. This year it is on a Tuesday. 

Who the hell wants to get home from work, for me at 5:45. Get ready. Drive to Madison. Wait for a table for 2 hours. And then eat a shit ton of food because you are SO hungry you almost started to gnaw on your own arm while you were waiting. End up being drunk from the 2 beers you had while waiting to be seated because you hadn't eaten since lunch. Then go home. Go to bed late. Be tired and hungover for work the next day. 

Nooooo thank you. 

I bet there will even be a wait at McDonalds on Valentine's day. Now that is romance. I love me a good McChicken.

So ya....I will come home at 5:45. Make a nice meal. Pull out some fab dessert that I found on Pinterest. And then sit on the couch and bask in the love that my husband shows me everyday. Which is usually shown by him randomly playing with my hair while I snooze on his stomach. And don't forget the love of my pooch. Which is shown daily by a wet nose to the face while snoozing.

So in honor of my Valentine's Day post.......Pinterest find of the day....


Loooooooove it....and I would die if my coworkers were doing this. I would never do it! :)


and this one. I laughed so hard I was crying.



HA! Right in the FACE! 
Boom.


Night loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment