Sunday, September 13, 2015

C-Section vs Natural

This has been a topic that is on my mind quite often lately. 

I am the lucky portion of those who has had a c-section and can choose, as of right now, to try a V-BAC. Some women don't get that choice. The only reason we had a c-section with P was due to the fact that he was breech. Neither of us were in danger...at the time. 

On my birth plan with P: 1.) Don't have a C-Section. 2.) Don't let nurses stick their hands in me to try and turn him. If he doesn't want to turn, leave him damnit. (Thank you Leslie for your birth story.)

On my birth plan with Baby J: 1.) Get him out so that we are both safe.

As of now we have a C-Section scheduled. Some people are surprised that we have elected to do that and not try natural. Some people are intrigued. Some people don't care. Some people think I am wrong. 

Me? I don't care what you think. Have an opinion that's great..but it won't change my mind. I am enjoying the fact that we have a plan. P was so unplanned. 5 weeks early at 4am the week before we had our hospital tour planned. Can't be much more of a surprise than that. 

This time around I need to feel like we are all set to go. I know what we will do with P for the days we are in the hospital. I know how long I have at work to get my crap in order. I know how much money we will have set aside by that date. I know how many more days I have to smother my first born. 

Baby J just has to cooperate now. 

I can choose what way I'd like to go right up until I walk into that operating room. But a of right now...C-Section is my plan.

Of course my main worry is 'how in god's name will I take care of Parker?' It is often hard to remember that I am not the first woman on the face of the Earth who has been pregnant. or the first woman who has had a C-Section with a crazy 2 year old at home. People figure it out and so will we. 

I also worry because I vaguely remember the whole c-section and recovery in the hospital. I wish I didn't. I wish I had that luxury of having no idea what I am getting myself into like I did that first time around.  

I worry that if I tried a natural birth, I would be in labor for like 18 hours and then something would happen and we would be in surgery. God that would piss me off. 

Some people feel bad for me that I have not experienced a natural birth...I am just thankful I have a healthy crazy little boy to call my Little Love. Who cares how he got out here...he is here and he is amazing.

Baby J will be the same way. I can't wait to meet him.

I was driving home the other day and got so excited to see him. What is he going to look like!? Will he have acid reflux too? God I hope not. Will he sleep in a bassinet and not on my chest for 5 weeks? Time will only tell :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment