Sunday, August 31, 2014

Thanks Kristy...Day One

I was nominated by my lovely sister Kristy to do the gratitude challenge. I need to list three things I'm grateful for each day... And nominate two people per day for five days. This is supposed to be done on Facebook, but I thought that if I am putting some thought into this I may as well blog about it. 

So here we go...( in no particular order)


1. I am thankful for my husband. We have been through a lot in the past 2 years and he has been my rock. The one person I can really just open up to and let it all out. He usually just nods and agrees with the words coming out of my mouth, because lets be real, half the stuff I'm complaining about or I'm upset about he is probably thinking "Thank God I'm not a woman." I'm glad he keeps that to himself. He may drive me nuts sometimes, I'm sure I have driven him crazy once or twice, but man do I love him. I know that with him by my side, I can accomplish anything. 





2. My son. He continues to amaze me every day. If you see me in public with him right now, I may not look super happy...but I promise I am. He is so full of life, energy, and love...and every day is a new adventure. Hearing his vocabulary grow is amazing. Belly Button...that's his newest one. He makes my day brighter when its gray. Watching him grow and learn new things is so fun, and its amazing to think that we created him. What a crazy concept. I m trying to slow down, not care what others think, and be a better mom. Parker deserves all of me...and I am learning to slow down and enjoy every minute we have together. 





3. My mom and dad. They are amazing people. They will do anything to help someone out and love to do it. I have no idea what Thane, I or Parker would do without them. I have had great role models for marriage from them and I thank them for that...as does Thane. I have a lot to learn from them yet, but if I can strive to be half as compassionate and helpful as they are then I think I'll be a pretty great person. 




No comments:

Post a Comment