Sunday, August 24, 2014

*ONE*

It's officially.

Parker is 1.

What a crazy year it has been.

I learned a few things today.

1.) I don't like having his party on his birthday.

I don't think I saw him more than 15 minutes today. Ok, thats a lie. We hung out while I opened his presents. But between people lovin on him, me doing stuff for the party, and mingling I pretty much caught glimpses of him. But...those glimpses showed me he was having an awesome time. He was laughing and playing the whole time. I call that a success.

I'm aware that this is mostly my fault. I let myself get caught up in hosting the party...but that is what I do. It's how I roll. Anyways, next time his birthday is on a Saturday...we are not having his party then. I'd like to spend some time with him.

2.) We need to deep clean our high chair more.

We took the padding off....ya. Eww. Don't act like you clean yours...but I suggest you do it tomorrow.

3.) My kid is amazing.

I already knew this, but today confirmed it. He didn't freak out once. He napped the perfect amount before the party. He needed his other nap after everything was done. and in between he was a ham. He's amazing.

4.) I have taught him to cheese it up to the camera.

FINALLY!! So many times today he would be looking the other way and as soon as he saw the flash of my camera, he would whip his head around and give me a cheeseball smile.

It's about time kid.

The party was perfect. Everything went really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment