Thursday, June 6, 2013

Teething Is For The Birds

We are on day three and it SUCKS.

I have to hope that each night as he screams a little bit more that we are that much closer to that tooth popping in!!

Its difficult because I know he is teething but after tonight's meltdown I am also wondering if his acid reflux is kicking in again and we need to up his dosage.

Ugh...motherhood really is a constant guessing game isn't it?

Every thing I have read has said that if you massage their gums it helps them.

Nope. Makes him scream louder.

I tried OraJel for babies tonight...and I'm pretty sure he just got it all over his tongue which wouldn't get out of the way...and then made him cry more because I was squeezing his cheeks.

I tried those dissolvable tablets...didn't seem to work.

Wet wash cloth...nope.

Teething rings...too cold.

Salle le Giraffe....kinda works as he is figuring her out.

His hand and Thane's finger are his favorite things...and really the only things that are working for him.  Good thing I spent all this money on teething stuff. ;)

Next is that magical teething necklace. I am going to get it tomorrow on break actually.

Anything to stop him from screaming like he does. It breaks my heart.

Tonight he stopped while we danced and sang to Wagon Wheel. He just stared at the TV and was so calm. (I taped the CMT awards.) Then Luke Bryan and his shitty song came on and P got fussy again. He has good taste.

Thane was walking around with him, swaying, when he got a genius idea. Sit on our bar stools and sway back and forth.

So he is standing and swaying and Parker is happy as can be. He slowly sits down in the chair and continues to sway by swinging the chair back and forth and P starts screaming.

Thane, "How do you know that I'm not walking around anymore!?!?"

Love.

I know it will get better, I just hope its sooner rather than later. My poor guy. I can't handle listening to him scream in pain. :(

Thanks for every one's comments today on FB...it's nice to hear so many different ideas!! I appreciate you all. :)

Have a great night!

Pinterest Finds:

 
This poor woman....but it made me laugh out loud after I tried really hard not to. I'm going to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment