Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

This is Thane's first official Father's Day with a baby he can hold.

Last Father's Day, he got probably the best gift ever? I told him we were pregnant.

Perfect timing? For sure.

I have seen him change so much this past year since we found out. Not that he wasn't perfect before, but now he is more perfect. :)

I don't think I will ever forget how he was in the hospital when Parker was born. So attentive to everything I needed and instantly snapped into dad mode the moment our son was born.

It's amazing to see the change in men the moment they first hold their child.

This man...you should have seen him hold a baby before Parker. It made me laugh every time (in the most loving way possible). Awkward doesn't even begin to cover it.

He walked over to me holding Parker in the OR looking like a natural baby holder.

He has been amazing ever since, and you can see it in how Parker looks at him.

Our kid is a daddy's boy...and man does it piss me off. ;)

On to my dad.

My dad has done SO much for us in the past year. He is truly a selfless person and I can only pray that I can instill the values that my dad has in my son.

My father is a VERY talented wood worker. If you haven't seen the wine rack, sofa table, ipad holder, cutting boards, chest, and soon to be posted bookshelf that he has made people over the years...creep a bit on my FB. Simply amazing, and I will treasure the things he has made me forever.

He has so many talents and is so driven. He is 71 years old and spends 3+ weeks working his butt off in the strawberry patch. That is hardworking.

So anyways, I hope all you dads out there have a fantastic Father's Day..its beautiful out!

Pinterest:

This is amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment