Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day

I keep meaning to write about my first Mother's Day...and obviously I keep forgetting.

So now, while I am sitting here trying to plan our meals for the week....I am giving into my ADD and blogging instead.

My first Mother's Day...of course I hype it up in my head like it's going to be this amazing day full of things I want to do. Ha.

Reality check.

I realized on Saturday as I was making my dish to pass, that I am making the dish to pass for Mother's Day. I can guarantee Thane won't be making his dish to pass for Father's Day.  But here I was...in the kitchen slaving away over some Pinterest thing I found. (Let's be real...I wasn't slaving away...I'm exaggerating a little bit.)

So then this idea came to me. Since we spending all day Sunday traveling to see our moms...Saturday will be our day to do Father's Day and Mother's Day. A day to celebrate with just our family.

Good idea right? Well, it didn't really work for Mother's Day...but I will make sure it does for Father's Day!

So my Mother's Day consisted of going to Spring Green to see my mama. We had a brunch and she even set Parker's spot at the table. A bottle and a container of Similac on his plate. :) We hung out there for a while and then headed to Cross Plains for Thane's family get together.

Parker got to meet his 2nd cousin Ella and man did he like her! Her mama Carrie came to sit by us after I fed Parker and he was ALL smiles at her. Total flirt. Ella however must already think that boys have cooties because she was not all about Parker. ;) It was too cute.

Parker got me a Kuerig and he even had it all set up for me when I got up! Such a thoughtful baby. :)

And I have some pretty thoughtful friends. I got a few cards in the mail, including one from Parker, and a lot of texts on Sunday. Thank you to everyone who thought of me. It made the day even better!!

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment