Monday, October 3, 2011

Mom of the Year

And the Mom of the Year Award goes to!!!!!!! THIS GIRL!!!! Why you ask? Ohhhh ya know. I was so busy talking to TT that I neglected to notice Bernie's entire head hanging out of the back window in my car and I proceeded to roll it up on his neck! All of a sudden Bernie starts dog screaming and I'm like ohmygod! What did he do to himself?!?!?!?!?! I turn..Nope! I just suck at life and almost killed my dog. I gave him a pet and he bounced back pretty fast though :) He doesn't hate me either..he has been following me around since I got home.

We were at a friends beeeaaautiful wedding this weekend in Milwaukee and during our downtime we hung out at a random bar.We were there for almost 5 hours all together and we loved it. :) Anyways, we met this guy who was there with his wife and I was assuming their son, big time wrong. I finally asked this guy why he was at a bar that was 30 minutes from his house and he tells us that they are actually separated  and he is there trying to patch things up with her. For over a year. From what I saw...it wasn't going well. She decided to spend more time with her gay roommate (not her son by the way) than trying to talk to her estranged husband. It was so sad. He was clearly trying and she was still super pissed at him about something he did.  The entire time he was talking all I could think was "Oh God...how sad. I never want that to be me and Thane." It was horrible. I still don't understand divorce. I know there are a few reasons where there are no other options, but for anything else..how do you let it happen? I literally can't imagine my life without Thane. I can't imagine not coming home and laying on the couch next to him. 

How is it that at one point in your life you are so madly in love with someone that you pledge your love for them in front of all your friends and family, and then 22 years later you decide you can't live one more day under the same roof? After 22 years you can't work it out?!!? The guy we talked to..they had to have gotten married so young, probably around 19 or 20. Statistically, marriages last longer if you marry after 25. I like that stat. :)

Well that is the end of my rant for the night....sorry to unload. I just had one of those epiphanies today, you know. I realized once again how lucky I am to have Thane. He is pretty fantastic. <3.

Loves-
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment