Sunday, April 15, 2018

Jensen and the Corn Dog

Yesterday was beautiful. A little windy but to 2 little boys it was flip flop weather. (Parker's quote not mine. I swear!)

So bedtime is a little rough in our home right now. Jensen has figured out how to crawl out of his bunk bed the one way that we can't do anything about so they have been falling asleep around 10pm. It's insane. They are SO crabby. But to them..playing is life. Who needs sleep?!!?

Well..they do.

So we decided yesterday that sure they can stay up til 10..but they can only nap an hour during the day.

This decision was really fun for me around lunch time. Jensen has huge bags under his eyes. He's crabby. Parker's attitude, which also happens to be my attitude, is in prime form.

So anyways, they were playing outside like rock stars. Not fighting..a lot. Just happy to be outside and digging in the dirt I need to landscape. Jensen decided he wanted to have lunch and once this kid wants food...game over. Get him food. (He gets that from me.)

So I grabbed some yummy Costco sandwich and get him lunch. He shovels that down and I get him another. While he was eating this...Cam decided to poop.

When Cam poops...you best take care of it. He haaaates having a dirty diaper...and I hate smelling it. He is all man let me tell you. So stinky.

So, against my better judgement, I leave Jensen in the kitchen not buckled in his booster seat to go change Cam. It actually worked in my benefit that Jensen won't stay sitting down because the second I got Cam's diaper open I realized I had approx one wipe in the pack. Jensen happened to be prancing by, I'm serious..he was prancing, the door so I asked him to grab some out of the bathroom.

He handed me the wipes and I warned him that he better get back to his food before ate it. His eyes got wide and he bolted. Insert blood curling rabbit scream.

He appeared in the doorway with crocodile tears and wailing. "Bugs!! Did Bernie eat your sandwich?"

"Uh-huuuuuhhhhhhhhh"

"It's ok..mommy will get you something else when I get done here. Just hold on ok?" 

"Ooooooooooookkkkkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyy."

I finish up with Cam and head to the kitchen. Jensen says "Mommy look!!!" He holds up the frost covered corn dog, takes a big bite, and breaks out into a huge smile. I burst out laughing, thank him for being independent and take it away to warm it up. Insert blood curling rabbit scream. (He does this a lot and I swear if Camden loses some hearing because of it I'll be so angry. ) He was SO upset that I warmed it up for him. 

Anyways, the whole point about this post is that he is growing up. Bet you didn't see that coming!

It is so hard for me to see that he is growing up and becoming more independent. Some of the things he does makes me just stop and stare at him and realize..no he isn't a baby anymore. He and Parker are inseparable most of the time so P talks for him a lot and does stuff for him so we don't always get to see what he can do.

He has the kindest heart.

 Yesterday he spent some time looking for the perfect leaf on the ground..found two...and offered Parker one. The other day he saw the snack cups from the zoo that we didn't use. He grabbed both of them and ran to give one to P before he dug into his. One day the world was ending for Parker because Jensen had a flashlight that he wanted, so while I tried to calm him down Bugs ran and searched the house for another flashlight.

Situations like that give me hope that we are doing something right. We aren't totally messing up all 3 kids at least.






No comments:

Post a Comment