Thursday, April 12, 2018

Getting Up Early

I have always had issues with the morning. I hate it.

My dad used to have to push my mattress off my bed and tip me off of it to get me up for school on time. Maybe I should have Thane start doing that so I get up...

I have a few things I'd like to do in the morning before the kids get up. Like have at least a cup of coffee so I can handle my kids when they get up like the mom I strive to be...not the mom that yells when their kid won't get out of bed until they have gathered all 10 of their stinkies and 3 stuffed dinos just to drop them outside the bathroom door. The boys may or may not have inherited my love of the morning. We all mesh really well with our awesome attitudes right after we get up...and before I've had coffee. 

I'd like to workout to start my day.  This one is the biggest mental game. I want to just get my workout out of the way. Not sure how I will do it wearing my glasses though...I loath working out in my glasses. So there ya go..just one more excuse to not workout. But the longer I wait in my day..the more excuses that pop up. 

I want to start blogging again. I've been thinking about when I would have time to sit down and think through sentences and not feel guilty about just sitting here. Or a time when I would be able to reread what I wrote without breaking up a fight. Ya..that would have to be in the morning too.

So that is a lot to pack in to the morning for someone who hates leaving her bed. At the moment I blame Costco. I just got us all new memory foam pillows...2 for $10 which is an insane price..and I have never slept this good in my life. I made Thane watch TV in bed the other night just so I could lay on it longer. I of course always find the *most* comfortable spot on said pillow about 1 second after the alarm goes off. <insert snooze button x3>

So this morning I had 3 alarms set. I won't even tell you for what time because that is a whole new blog post. Let's just say...its a normal time. A time that I used to have to get up when I was in the working world. Which is why it's so annoying to me that I can't get up now!  Anyways..I snoozed them all. I told myself I'll workout at 9, which now that I'm thinking of it I can't. We are going to the park today because it will be like 65 degrees or something amazing..and we are leaving to be there at 10. Which means prep starts at 9:30...

But! I did get up 22 minutes early to drink my coffee and start this blog. #babysteps

Edit to add...I got my work out tin his morning. I sat Jensen in front of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and put Camden on his favorite mat and went to work. #momoftheyear Do what you gotta do to survive. 

2 comments:

  1. Hell yes! One step at a time! Morning workouts are the best, but they are soooo hard to get up to do! So awesome that you still did the workout today. You gotta do what you gotta do! If all it takes is a little tv time to get it in, it’s such a good trade off. You need to take care of you so you can take care of them.

    ReplyDelete