Friday, December 1, 2017

Camden's Story- Part 3

Triage is so frustrating. 

I know you have to go...I know they have a ton of stuff to do. But damnit...just get my kid out.

We checked in at the desk, while having contractions, and the guy was asking me all sorts of complicated questions. "Whats my name? My birthday? My address?"

Dude. I have a human attempting to push his way out of my insides as you ask me all these questions. We both know my info is right. I called ahead the other week and did this. I know it' you job..but shut up and give me my wristband so I can get meds. Thanks.

We get checked in and Thane promptly finds a chair to sit...and then looks up and is like "Oh! Do you want to sit?"

I just stare at him while I'm breathing through a contraction.

 No. I'm good.

They get us in and hooked up to all the monitors and the waiting game begins. I have no idea how women who do childbirth the old fashioned way do it. I was SO anxious to hold him. I needed surgery to just start already. I can't imagine having to wait another whole 24 hours like some do! 

My nurses were amazing, per usual at Meriter.

They distracted me with questions about the boys who were already on the outside. We talked about life in general. Halloween. blah blah. Lots of other things that didn't mean a lot but it was helpful.

I called my mom during all this to make sure everything was ok so far. No..in reality I called because I realized I was going to miss the Today show's Halloween costumes and I wanted her to DVR it. Her respose? "Oh! I know! It's Halloween! I thought it was tomorrow. Good thing I turned on the news!!"

*insert forehead slap* 

Thank god we talked and that she saw the news. It would have been awful if Parker had got sent off to school without his Tarantula costume on! 

I however had to give Thane the phone to walk her through setting up the DVR. I couldn't handle that and breathing through contractions. Way too much stress all at once. 

Anyways, one of my nurses brought in the portable ultrasound machine and it was the moment I had been waiting for...was this baby breech?

Not that it mattered. 

C-Section was the only option in my head. Too many risks involved in a V-Bac that it just wasn't worth it for me. As I told people, they used the word "rupture" about 8 times too many in the informational pamphlet that they give you. I pretty much had my mind made up after the first time they used the word and I got all hot and wanted to puke. Nope. Sign me up for C-Section Number 3! 

In fact, when my doctor had asked me my birth plan she was like, "Any music you want? Blah blah." (I don't remember the other options you have while doing surgery.) I told her the only thing I wanted was for no one to try to turn the baby. I know my kids...they would turn them and the kid would be like "HA! Jokes!" and flip right back. She looked at me like I was crazy, "Ya...we won't be doing that to you." Phew. (Yes Leslie..if you're reading this. You have scared me for life with your birth story.) 

Also...no. I want you to listen to whatever music you want to. You're the one who needs to focus. I don't need you listening to Eric Church for the first time ever being all distracted like "Wow! Who is this? He's amazing!" No...you listen to your normal stuff thanks. 

My birth plan was as follows: "Get my kid out. Don't leave anything behind. Keep us safe."

Birth plans for me are a joke. My plan for Parker was simple. "Don't have a C-Section." Yup..that turned out great.

Anyways. Breech or not?

She was using the monitor and informed us that Baby 3 was breech. I just laughed. Seriously? 3 breech. At least my kids are consistent? People ended up being super impressed with how alike all my labors went actually.

 I'm a rock star. 

He was in womb like a crescent moon. His head up by my ribs and feet by my belly button. How a 7lb 20 in baby had room to hang out like that is beyond me. Turns out he was in there like a frog..just like P. 

They weren't in the biggest hurry until Breech was confirmed. Things and tests picked up a bit then. My contractions were coming a bit closer and my nurses didn't want to take any chances. 

We were scheduled for surgery around 545 or 6 but for some reason my labs weren't coming back. I know its normal for them to have extra blood on hand during surgeries, but apparently with Jensen I had needed a bit of blood...something else I didn't know til this round. I swear..that kid tried to kill me. So the important test to tell them exactly what my blood was made up of, or something like that, was delayed in coming back. 

Finally when we could go, around 630, my nurse came in cheering. I got my ass in a wheelchair and we were on our way. 

We dropped Thane off at the recovery room and I had to walk into the operation room with just my nurse and doctor for the third time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment