Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Camden's Story- Part 1

Camden's birth story starts on October 30th.

I posted a status about how I was doing a huge shopping trip to prepare for the baby. The last time I did that, ya know..with Jensen...my water broke about 5 hours later at the end of my work day. I made the status into a joke..not knowing it was going to happen again. This time I had at least gotten home to put the milk away though!

That day I just got my newest shipment of LuLaRoe and it contained my Christmas leggings. I was exhausted but I knew if I didn't go live in my Facebook group that night I wouldn't get to it until after Thanksgiving.

I went live looking like a hot mess and stood there talking to my favorite people for almost an hour. I apologized for breathing heavy and I often lost my train of thought while working. He was moving pretty sharply and making bending over really difficult. People joked about me having a Live Facebook birth. I just prayed my water wouldn't break while in front of the camera!

A few days later my friend text me and asked me if I was having contractions during the live. She said, "Watch minute 24 and like 30!" I didn't actually feel anything but I think she was right...something was definitely happening.

I wrapped up my live show and resisted the urge to go to bed. I knew I needed to bag up everyone's orders, put their names on the packages, and send out invoices before I let myself go to bed. Which thankfully I did because once we got home the kids messed with my buckets downstairs and totally would have messed up my life.

I crawled upstairs and made Thane rub my back because apparently standing on concrete while pregnant is a killer on your back. We went to bed around 10:30 and I woke up at 3am.

I laid there trying to figure out what woke me up. Normally I had to go to the bathroom at that time so I laid there for a minute trying to figure out if the pressure I was feeling was the baby pushing on my bladder or labor.

Ok..keep in mind as I previously stated. I'm paranoid. I pretty much woke up every night when I had to pee thinking "Ohmygod is this it??"

I rolled out of bed, put my feet on the floor and froze.

Either I reeeeally had to pee and couldn't hold it (which if you've been pregnant you know that sadly sometimes that is a thing) or my water was breaking.

I stood there a second with my mind spinning. My water couldn't be breaking. I had *just* talked to someone about how their water broke with their first 2 boys but not their third. My water shouldn't break this time! (Heelllooooo irrational Pam! Welcome back.)

I rushed to the bathroom and yup.

Water broke.

I vividly remember standing in our bathroom looking at the floor and I broke out in the dumbest grin ever and just shook my head as it dawned on me what day it was.

I was literally having a Halloween baby.

I totally had called it.

I decided I had stopped leaking enough to actually move and go get Thane up. I went into our room, hit his feet and said "Babe! Let's do this! Call my mom!" By some grace of God I was calm at that moment. I began to go into robot mode. What needed to be done? This mode lasted about 5 minutes.

I called my doctor and gave Thane my phone to answer for when they called back. I had to shower. I hadn't gotten around to it that day and there was no way I was going into delivery without showering first.

Thane appeared in the doorway. "Ok, your mom wants to know if she should come?"

I stared at him blankly. "Thane. I am *literally* pissing on the bathroom floor. YES she needs to come NOW!"

Ok..so what they both actually meant was should she come to our house or should she meet us at the hospital..but when you are a tad frantic and starting to have minor contractions you don't always process things clearly.

We frantically ran around the house packing up the car and making sure we had everything in our bags. Thank God for lists. If I had forgotten my pillow I would not have been a happy camper.

I slowly opened Jensen's door and just stood there staring at him. Talk about emotional. Looking at your baby, who was about to not be your baby anymore. I stood there crying and rubbing his back and blew him a kiss because I was too huge to actually reach him for a kiss.

I wanted to go say bye to Parker too and when I opened his door, he popped up in bed. I was secretly pumped that we had woken him up so I could actually smooch him and say goodbye. It's hard to say goodbye to your kids when you know you're going to be in the hospital for at least 3 days.

"Parker guess what!!!! The baby is coming!!"

"Whaaaaat?!" He was groggy and excited at the same time. He was pretty excited to meet his "new sister." So excited in fact that I was worried about how he would react if BS3 was a boy...

I told him to go back to sleep and when he got up Grandma would be there to put him on the bus for school.

I made sure their Halloween costumes were laid out and their candy baskets were ready to go. I was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to take them out Trick or Treating that night, but it was only one year. We would have an even better Halloween next year.

I looked at Thane..."ok we need to go."

I was starting to have stronger contractions and it was making my panic. Contractions aren't really the best thing to be having when you live 45 minutes from the hospital and you are having a c-section.

I called my mom to see how close she was. The main road to get to our house from their house was closed. So she was going to have to come through Dodgeville; which meant it would take her an extra 15ish minutes to get to our place.

I got a hold of her and she was just outside of Spring Green heading to Dodgeville. My heart dropped.

She was at least 25 minutes out still.

No comments:

Post a Comment