Saturday, April 4, 2015

Some People Clean....I Blog

I was reading a post in a mom Facebook group about bath time once and someone said that while their kids take a bath, they clean their bathroom. I thought, "What a great idea! I should do that because then I know my bathroom will actually get a good cleaning!"

I read that about a month ago...still haven't cleaned during bath time. 

Maybe I will start next time.

This time....I decided to blog because well....I have a Parker story I don't want to forget. 

You might not think its fantastic..but it gave me a moment of "Oh shit." and I like those...after the fact.

So we have a busy day today. Going to Hilldale to see the Easter Bunny, maybe hit up GiGis, Easter Egg hunt with Aunt Joy and the girls, and then off to Grandma's!! Doesn't sound busy, but we have to be at the egg hunt at 1...that makes our day busy.

Throw an exact time in your day with a 2 year old and more than 1 thing to do..and your day becomes busy.

I am trying to figure out how long to let him play in the bath so that I can get my hair dry and my makeup on..and then pull him screaming out of the tub to get him dressed and presentable for Mr. Bunny. then you have to figure out what time to leave to get to Hilldale to stand in line, and then to GiGi's to stand in line, and then to grab a quick lunch so we don't have a melt down at the Egg Hunt and then be at the egg hunt. 

I have been trying to figure out a time to tell my mom we'd be there..but that is way too stressful. I have no idea. 5? 3? 8? Let's go with 5.

So anyways, I'm going out in public...for a while today...so I'd like to shower and be half presentable. Now how to shower when your husband is working and your 2 year old is awake? Well, shower with them of course!

Ya, easy solution unless your kid HATES showers.

He is just like my mom. Hates when water gets slashed in his face.  When I finally got him to sit in the corner of the shower and the loufa was dripping on him, he got as far away as possible in our 1984 tub and glared at it like it was acid or something. Kid hates dripping water on his face. 

So anyways, I got him in the tub and told him that I was going to turn the shower on...freak out. "No!! NO!! NO!!!" and then he climbed right back out. Fine. I told him I'd shower quick and then he could take a bath.

So while I got soap in my hair at lighting speed he stood outside the shower screaming like only 2 year olds can. Loud. Like a jet engine ;)

I'm rolling my eyes when all of a sudden his screams get quieter and farther away. Peak out. Bathroom door is wide open. 

I shrug..he is fine. House is Parker-Proof. I will only take 2 more minutes and then I can go get him. 

Then I realize...

He is naked.

and not potty trained, running through the house.

I instantly picture him peeing on my beloved furniture. On the fridge. Shit..in the fridge. On his train table. In my shoes I never put away. Oh God...in the pantry.

Panic sets in.

"PARKER!! Do you want to take a bath!!??! Parker listen!! Mommy turned the shower off! Come take a bath!!"


"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ugh. He was too far gone. 

So I have to get out and go get him. He is standing on his train table, just looking at me. 

Not peeing. THANK GOD.

Go back in the bathroom and put him as far away from the shower nozzle as possible and then finish washing my hair hunched over at the very front of the shower...while he scream on and off because tiny drops of water are splashing him.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDYYYYY" Ya Parker....daddy would never do this to you. Oiy. 

So thanks Mom. I blame you for this trait. 

Sigh....I should probably get him out and start our day.....but maybe I should wash the blue marker he has all over his belly and armpit off first? 


No comments:

Post a Comment