Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Night Life

is something to be envied. 

Especially last night.

I think Parker is getting a molar. He is drooling. He is crabby. He bit a fork so hard at school that he bent it.

Word on the street is that teething is worse at night. I'm a believer.

The past few nights he has NOT gone to bed. It has been crazy. He stands at his door screaming. "mooooooooooooooooooooooommy!!! Mommy!! Daddy? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddy???????" It's horrible. It's heart breaking. Last night was no different. 

So its 9:45 and he is at his door. A full hour after we started bedtime, and doing his routine of screaming our names. Finally, I look at Thane and say..."Just go get him. He almost died today, I want him in bed with us."

That's a whole different story, and I may be exaggerating a bit, but it was still a really scary phone call to get. He was eating lunch and started to choke on an apple chunk. They had to push on his stomach to get it out. I am still a little unclear on how it came out, but I know it was bad enough that the teachers were pretty frazzled and then got even more worried when he fell asleep right away at nap time. (Which I reassured that that he fell asleep because he was up til 10:15 the night before.) Apparently he had been talking while chewing and inhaled his apply chunk. I still get worked up thinking about it and I was worried that something would happen to him in the middle of the night. Typical mom fear right?

So anyways. Thane gets him, he comes in bed and is beyond pumped that Thane is watching Iron Man. I have never heard him giggle so hard or say so many "oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"s. Pretty soon he was jumping all over our bed. Ugh. Clearly he was ok.

So finally Thane turned of the TV and took P back to his room. I believe we let him cry it out that time...because I fell asleep. 

This is where it gets good. 

At some ungodly hour he wakes up screaming again. Thane had to get up early to work this morning so I went in and the plan was just to lay with him til he fell back asleep.

That was not P's plan.

He wanted to have a full on tantrum because...he was awake? I have no idea why he was so mad. He then went in his closet and sat in a laundry basket full of clothes that are too small for him. He just sat there. For like 10 minutes. I finally got up to get a grown up blanket, and he lost it when I left the room. I came back in and laid down waiting for him to crawl out of his basket and join me. 

Well, he didn't like that I was ignoring him, so he moved to the dresser by his bed and started to scream all over again. 

At this point all you can do is laugh. I closed my eyes and then............

the Superbowl commercial with the kid who is dead pops into my head. That dresser he was trying to climb behind wasn't secured to the wall. What if it falls on him while I am a foot away???? 

Anyways. I got him to get in bed. I finally gave him some meds and he fell asleep.

I went back to bed...it was 1:30.

1:51 he is screaming again. I make Thane go get him. 

1;55. Parker is sharing my pillow with his arm across my face.

1:56. Bernie jumps in bed and lays across my knees.

1:56:24 . I yell at Bernie and he jumps down.

1:57. Bernie jumps back in and lays between my legs. Yes. My 110 pound dog is laying sideways at my knees. 

1:57:12. I yell at Bernie and he jumps down.

1:58. Bernie jumps up and lays next to my legs.

2:10. Bernie has moved his body to laying on my calves and P's head is in my shoulder blades. 

2.10:58. I have had enough. I grab my pillow and head to the couch.

2:12 I have settled in.

2:12:45. Bernie's nose is on my neck. ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!!?

6:40. Thane gets up. "Oh..I didn't know you were out here."

6:41. I make myself get up so I can lay by P and make sure he doesn't fall out of our bed and I find this...


He is laying sideways in our bed and has drooled on my side. 

I scoot him over and we are both passed out in like 30 seconds.

9 am rolls around and I wake up with him literally in my face. "MOMMY!!!!" and the biggest grin ever on his face.

I couldn't love this kid anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment