Thursday, July 24, 2014

Adult Panties---Part 2

All our options in town and in Barneveld in our budget are gone. Creepy. or too small. or no closets. or squatters live in the basement. or it will forever smell like weed.

Time to expand our search to Black Earth.

We found 2 or 3 in Black Earth that we were really interested in. Asked Beth to set up a showing...and yup.
"accepted offer" "closing this week."



Sigh.

There was 1 I kept going to on accident and every time I opened it I would get annoyed. I think on one website I even hid it from my search. The kitchen was horrible, straight from the 70s with bad tile. The walls in the living room were stripes. I didn't know if it was paint or wallpaper, but either way it looked like a lot of work to fix. No thank you. 

I showed Thane a few choices in New Glarus and the bad kitchen one and he shrugged and say, "Mehh..may as well go see them!" Just so happens the bad kitchen had an open house on Sunday and so did a good one in New Glarus.

Even better, we had to go get Parker from Spring Green, so we could swing into the Open House in Black Earth on the way back, and then hit up New Glarus after. 

I didn't expect a lot. House Hunting is so hard. You are spending a LOT of money of it...and you have to put all your crap in it for years! It could be the perfect house and then boom....something little pops up that totally sucks. Its a big deal people, and so far our price range has blown.

So we walk in to the stripes/bad kitchen house....and I'm blown away.

The dining room is amazing. The woodwork is beautiful. The kitchen looks WAY better in person than it does online. The stripes in the living room are just paint, not wallpaper like I was dreading. The staircase? My god....beautiful.

Bonus...it already has a Pinterest coat area. You know..the lockers? Ya, it kind of has that but an old school version.

Another bonus? It has a shed out back from the 1800s...that isn't gross. At the open house Thane said it could be my scrapbook shed to quote "get all my crap out of the house." Done. I'll take it!

The backyard is all fenced in. Perfect for a toddler and a teenage dog.

It's a block away from a great friend...and Parker's cousin. ;)

It literally is our perfect home.

4 bedrooms. We could be there a while. Not that we are going to fill all these rooms. Cause we aren't.

We wanted it. 

Now talk about a stressful, anxiety ridden, ulcer inducing ride. He told us that we were the 3rd group through. One other group was looking for a ranch, but he didn't say anything about the other group. What if they wanted it? What if they got to it first?!?? We HAD to place an offer...stat!!

We put in an offer and over the course of the busiest and best weekend of the summer we managed to get an accepted offer!!!

I will be a lot happier on Wednesday after inspection. I'll be able to breathe. Its a really old house, who knows what could be wrong with it. Good thing I already have every aspect of this house planned out. I am not going to be very happy if things don't go well.

Yesterday during my daily nap at work (don't judge....I'm not used to being up this much with P at night.) I dreamed that I was awake planing out the paint in the house. That's when you know your obsessed. 

Going to that Open House was fate. I don't know what finally made me show it to Thane, but I did...2 days before their open house. If he had said, "pass" we never would have gone. Good work babe. 

So that's that....now cross your fingers that Wednesday goes well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment