Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Walls are Bare

We are moving!!!!!

Well...pending the closing. As long as this lady's house sale also goes though...we are moving!!!!!!

We started to pack the day we got the first offer. I was worried it would jinx things, but apparently it didn't.

We are moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe it. We close June 18th. Exactly 3 days before the 1 year mark of our house being on the market. Thank God. 

We don't have much time to pack, but it's enough. So we are taking it night by night. 

Last night: I have no idea what we packed.

Tonight's Goal: get everything off the walls, patch the holes, and pack them up. 

Speaking of pack them up. I went to Office Depot today to buy bubble wrap. They happened to be having a sale, buy 2 get one free. So I got 3....of the biggest rolls of bubble wrap I have ever seen. 

I lug them up the cashier who looks over her counter at me coming and says, "Got bubble wrap?"

Ha! I liked her. 

I told her I felt like an idiot...it was SO much wrap. Then I said...but you gotta have it.

She looked confused and asked what I needed it for. What else do you use bubble wrap for? Wrapping shit up to move it or store it. I joked that I was going to let my kid play with it...she thought I was serious. 

Sigh..people don't get me. Besides that though...she was pretty funny. I give her an A. 

So anyways. We started to pull things off the walls and wrap them up. And we got to our wedding/Parker's picture collage. 

I love that thing. So much. Emily Milligan did an amazing job taking our wedding pictures. Heather Tyler did an amazing job with P's 1 year pictures. Thane did a great job hanging them all up. I hated to take it down!

I was almost crying taking it down. Don't get me wrong, I know it's going back up...but not for like a year! A YEAR! That's a long time. 

Selling your house is pretty emotional apparently. We have done so much here. Partied. Cried. Drank. Laughed. Celebrated Halloween. Never used our deck to eat on. 

 It's the place where we became a family. 

The place where I walked into my son's bedroom the first night and Thane said., "Careful, he can smell fear."

The place where Parker threw up all over the wall. The joys of acid reflux.

The place where all my girls came and hung out on the couch on a Saturday night because I had some kinda cabin fever a week after P was born. 

I'm so thankful for all the memories we have made in this place and while I can't wait to start the new chapter in our life....it's a little harder to leave this chapter than I thought it would be. 

But we must move on!! and I can't wait. :)

We are moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment