Saturday, November 25, 2017

Camden's Story- Part 2

Mom was still at least 25 minutes out and my contractions seemed to be coming closer together. How women actually time them is beyond me. I was too busy worrying about how fast we could get to the hospital to make sure the baby didn't come in the car or some crazy shit like that. And Lord knows I wasn't about to call 911 and have my neighbors deliver the baby at our house. That would make for an interesting bbq next summer and we already have a birth story like that in our family..we don't need another one!

I went out to the car to check it one more time and when I got back inside I told Thane to call Jill. My sister in-law who lives down the street, who I had warned we may be calling her at some point to come..and who has been a lifesaver since Camden arrived. We had to get on the road before I had a panic attack.

Thane looked at me like "are you sure?" I may have slung a few swear words at him and then he called her. The convo pretty much went like this on his end, "Hey uh...Jill? It's Thane, um Pam....oh...um ya. Her water broke, can you...ok ya thanks!" Apparently she knew why he was calling her at 3:30 in the morning.

Jill showed up like 3 seconds later with her cape on...cause I'm pretty sure she flew over to the rescue, I ran over the boy's Halloween costumes quick, and we bolted.

We got on the road not saying much. I started to get a little upset because once again...my body went into labor early. It's a really shitty feeling knowing your body fails you at the end of each pregnancy. It was earlier than I was ok with but at least farther than Parker. Finally Thane was like, "So...we should probably agree on a name."

We had a girl name that we both agreed on, but as our due date came closer I was wavering on "Camden."

It is SO hard to pick a name when you have had a career in the child care field. Almost *every* name has someone associated with it for me.  I was worried Camden was too common. I told Thane we would decide when the baby came...if it was a boy. One of those "you will know when you see them" kind of things.

I was trying to time my contractions in the car so that when I got to the hospital and they asked me I could act like I  actually had my shit together...ya know like a seasoned pro. "Oh contractions? Pssh...this is round 3..they are blah blah apart." In reality..I couldn't focus long enough to comprehend what the clock said when one would start and then actually remember to look again when then ended.

At one point I went, "Thane! When did my last contraction end?!?!?!"

"I don't know!! What contraction!? I didn't 'know you were having one!?!"

Sigh...apparently I should have actually said something out loud..like a swear word since that was my theme for this labor.

We were just turning onto the street for Meriter when my mom called, "ok! Jill just left!" I don't know how long she waited to call..but either way I'm glad we didn't wait for her to get to our house before we left!

Thane dropped me off at the front doors and I waddled in while he went to park. Two security guards descended on me like they were super helpful bored men, "Miss?! Are you headed to Triage?"

I laughed..."How'd ya guess?"

They offered me a wheelchair and a ride but I said I was going to wait for Thane but did ask for directions. Getting lost was the last thing I needed.

Thane finally came in about 3 years later and we headed to check in at Triage.

No comments:

Post a Comment